Our brand-new Taste Talk Chocolate & Whisky Tasting Kit is a fling in a box specially designed to thrill foodie folk however far-flung they may be. A special highlight is the accompanying music, written and recorded specially for us by Dougie MacLean, Scotland’s leading folk musician and his son Jamie MacLean.
UNWRAPPING THE TASTE-TALK KIT
- A 20-box of world-beating chocolate truffles from Iain Burnett – The Highland Chocolatier
- A Taste Talk’s box of miniatures with five superior malt whiskies and gin with which Iain’s truffles are paired
- A full-colour booklet telling the Taste-Talk story and a leaflet describing your Kit’s selection of truffles and spirits
- A filmed recording of Gillian, our Chief Ambassador, guiding guests through their Fling tasting experience. Access is via QR code, web link and a specially produced Flash Drive
- Essential Too: A double-disc compilation CD with some of the finest tracks from the many albums of Dougie MacLean, including Caledonia and The Gael
- And – very specially – ‘Flo’, a brand-new album for Taste Talk by Dougie MacLean and his talented son Jamie MacLean. This provides the finale to all our Flings.
Taste Talk Kits can also be bought at:
- Our Dunkeld shop – opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday. 11am to 5pm
- By phone on our shopping line – 07999 748 798 or our shop line 01350 727 423
- By email – [email protected] – please provide your phone number and we will ring you back, take payment, and your postal details
- Orders can also be reserved and collected from our shop
Please note: the age verification on this site confirms you are over the legal drinking age in your country of residence.
The whisky-tasting set features some of the best whisky the Scottish Highlands has to offer, from single malt whiskies to Highland blends.
The Gael is a signature Scottish gin that’s five times distilled from malted barley using a blend of traditional botanicals and a hint of Scottish heather. Named after the acclaimed Scottish fiddle tune “The Gael”, this gin has a light citrus nose, following through with juniper, cardamom and a warm finish.
Edradour‘s enormously popular Caledonia 12-year-old is a tie-in with Scottish singer-songwriter Dougie Maclean and is named after his most famous hit song Caledonia, written in 1977 and still a much-loved unofficial Scottish anthem today.
An intriguing single malt that celebrates the coming together of two styles, The Macallan Double Cask Gold reflects a perfect harmony of flavours and natural colour. The perfect partnership of American and European Oloroso sherry seasoned oak casks creates this burnished gold whisky with a distinctive character, that leads with American oak style before giving way to classic Macallan flavours.
Glengoyne‘s 18-year-old Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky is flavoured with spicy vanilla fruit and ripe apples with a rich, luxurious mouthfeel. This is the result of 18 long years and a generous proportion of first-fill sherry casks. And of the patience, they take, over the slowest distillation in Scotland.
Matured predominantly in European and American sherry seasoned oak casks, the Highland Park 12-year-old Viking Honour single malt whisky is spicy and well-rounded, packed with the flavours of sun-kissed Seville oranges and rich fruitcake spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; you’ll find molten heather honey in this whisky’s waves of heathery peat smoke.
THE IDEAL GIFT FOR WHISKY LOVERS
Our Taste Talk Whiskey Tasting Kit is the perfect gift set for the whisky connoisseur who will enjoy exploring the different tastes of Highland Perthshire. Our tasting set has been curated by local whisky experts, along with the expertise of Iain Burnett, The Highland Chocolatier to produce a gift set that everyone can enjoy today or for a special event such as Burns Night.